SAFe Lean Portfolio management
Aligning strategy and initiatives
Learn to think differently about budgets and value creation
Decide where you want to go
The first step in Lean Portfolio Management is deciding where you want to go, what your company will look like in the future, how it will do what it needs to do.
You capture your destination and describe this future company: a postcard from the future. And a blueprint that will guide your investment decision.
Determine how to get there
Evaluate initiatives: will they help us achieve our goals? Approve them and provide funding. Track their execution and the value they create.
This was always the domain of portfolio management. In lean-agile, we need to take into account that we will discover what provides most value, that we must learn from the customer, that we need to decentralize decision making.
That is why Lean Portfolio Management takes a very different approach than traditional portfolio management. You will find out in the LPM training.
SAFe Lean Portfolio Management training
In this course, we will introduce you to a number of practical tools and techniques you can use to align your portfolio to the company strategy and use investment funding to drive the execution of the strategy.
We will capture the current and the future state of your portfolio with the Portfolio Canvas tool and identify important business initiatives for achieving the future state. You can establish portfolio flow with the Portfolio Kanban and prioritize initiatives for maximum economic benefit. You will get insights on how to establish Value Stream Budgets and Lean Budget Guardrails and measure the Lean portfolio performance.
- Describe Lean Portfolio Management (LPM)
- Connect the portfolio to enterprise strategy
- Establish the Portfolio Vision
- Implement Lean Budgeting and Guardrails
- Establish flow with the Portfolio Kanban
- Support operational excellence with Agile PMO and CoPs (Community of Practice)
- Coordinate Value Streams
- Measure the LPM performance
- Build a plan for LPM implementation
- Introducing Lean Portfolio Management (LPM)
- Establishing Strategy and Investment Funding
- Applying Agile Portfolio Operations
- Applying Lean Governance
- Implementing the LPM function
What Attendees Get
- Attendee workbook
- Course certificate of completion
- Preparation and eligibility to take the SAFe® LPM certification exam
- One-year membership to the SAFe Community Platform
- One certification exam attempt